Monday, January 22, 2007

Startin' Over

DATELINE: ROANOKE, VA

Miles Today: 0

Today's about changing plans. It turns out that with my several long days in a row, I just about used up all of my 70 hours (remember, truckers can only work 70 hours in any 8 consecutive days). So my load to Hoboken was reassigned to another driver, and I'm sitting through my 34-hour reset. (Remember, if I stay off-duty for 34 consecutive hours, my 70 hours start anew and I don't have to count hours worked in the past few days towards those 70.) Unfortunately, my reset period will be over at 12:30 a.m., so I'll be back to work in the graveyard shift, at least for tonight/tomorrow morning. My next assignment will be to pick up a loaded trailer here (another driver is bringing it) and take it up to Winchester, VA by 6:00 a.m. Hopefully the weather will stay good (it's warmer today -- low-to-mid-40s -- and not precipitating), and that won't bog me down any, since I'm instructed that on-time delivery for this load is crucial.

Since today's new is so brief, please allow me this commercial message. (And please read it fully, and follow the embeded links, because it and they can be of great benefit to you!)

As you can tell by the title of this blog, being a trucker is not my first choice of occupation. This was Plan B since I could not find a "regular" job quickly enough to pay the bills. Actually, trucking is Plan C, and the "regular" job is Plan B. My real Plan A was (and still is) to pay the bills through income from self-employment, entrepreneurship, and investments/passive income. But besides paying my own bills that way, my passion is to help everyone else learn about enhancing their own financial situations. Rather than letting this post get unwieldy, please read my essay about building wealth at www.squidoo.com/JRClear. And read my bio there too, to get an understanding about why it's important to me. Then check out the resources I've listed on that page. You can also take a shortcut to getting in on the act by going to www.AllNewIncome.com.

Thanks for reading, allowing me this brief commercial message, and for all your comments. Truck on!

2 comments:

hrr said...

Happy resting!

Nancy R. said...

Sorry you had to switch back to being nocturnal again - I hope it's very temporary. Now you'll probably end up sleeping through the State of the Union address!