Monday, January 15, 2007

On the Road Again

DATELINE: LANSING(ish), MI

Miles Today: 104

Well, all good things must end. So my home time is over and I'm back in my truck. 'Twas an easy day today; I just had to drive from Romulus over here to Lansing so I'll be near my delivery tomorrow morning. As long as the road commissions get the salt out and keep the roads clear overnight, I should be all set for that delivery. It wasn't bad at all driving today; the roads were wet, but I was moving while it was still relatively warm out, so nothing was slippery.

It was good to be home, despite how brief that period was. It's always good to get a chance to go to church, see the whole family, and all sit down to a nice meal that my wife made (way to go, Nancy!). With our oldest, Lindsay, away at college, even if it is just at Eastern Michigan U, just a few miles down the road, we don't all get together for home-cooked meals very often anymore. So that was special.

With not much to report today, I'll just finish up here. I'll find out after I make my delivery in the morning where I'll be headed next, so be sure to check back for that update tomorrow. Enjoy the new winter weather, and keep on truckin' (and commenting on my posts). Thanks much!

2 comments:

Nancy R. said...

Thanks for the testimonial about dinner! Just for that I'll cook you up something good for your next return. Start thinking, okay?

Unknown said...

I'm glad you got to come home and have dinner with us too, it was nice to see you again, even if it was just for a short amount of time. Hopefully next time you're back I'll see you longer! Drive safe and I'll see you soon.
<3 Lindsay