Friday, January 26, 2007

Late, But Not Too Late

DATELINE: LEXINGTON, VA

Miles Today: 401

Well, my trailer did finally make it...at 11:00. I haven't bothered to inquire about what the hold-up was, but I still have to suffer the consequences. I hit the road at about 11:15 and managed to make it into Virginia, as you can tell by the dateline, above. The drive was uneventful, thankfully, except for struggling up some mountains in the Virginias. Despite the power of these truck engines, they just can't maintain speed up these steep inclines. Anyway, I stopped at around 7:00 p.m., less than 100 miles from my morning destination. I'll have to get up and rolling early again to get there on time, but at least the trailer wasn't so late that I'd have to drive it overnight straight from Vandalia to the delivery.

Since I do have an early call in the morning, I'll sign off for now. I hope you're enjoying living the road life vicariously through this blog. Keep those comments coming, thanks for reading, and keep truckin' on!

No comments: