Monday, June 25, 2007

The Waiting Game Concludes

DATELINE: NEW ORLEANS, LA, 6:20 p.m. CDT

Miles Today: 222

Well, I finally did get a load assignment (see "The Waiting Game" post from earlier today). I'm to pick up a load across the river from the Big Easy at 8:00 in the morning and haul a** with it to Van Buren. That'll be over 550 miles, so stay outta' my way. (There's another Thank You card I owe dispatch.) I drove down into the city this afternoon to spend the night at a truck stop near the pickup site, so I'll have nearly my full complement of driving hours available for the run to Van Buren tomorrow.

That's all that's new that I have to report at this juncture. Thanks again for checking up on me, and keep truckin' on.

1 comment:

Nancy R. said...

Are you a trucker or a waiter? Sorry, that was feeble. At least you know when and where you're going next. Hope you have clear roads and skies...