Monday, January 7, 2008

Monday's Leg of the Long Trip

DATELINE: ROANOKE, VA, 6:45 p.m. EST

Miles Today: 505

Nothing much to report about today. I just drove and drove, only stopping in Knoxville, TN and Wytheville, VA for food and fuel. Well, add a couple other quick rest area stops and you have the tale of my day. Unless you also want to know that I woke up at 5:30 CST, walked to a nearby McDonald's for breakfast (they didn't have breakfast bagel sandwiches; I had to settle for a McSkillet Burrito and a Sausage Burrito instead), hit the road by 6:15, and arrived here at the company's terminal at 6:15 p.m. EST.

I haven't yet planned where I'll make my goal destination for tomorrow. No doubt it'll be somewhere in PA, but just how far across the state I don't know yet. Guess I'll play that by ear and let you know tomorrow night where I wind up.

I'm gonna wrap this up now so I can get some rest before the National Championship game comes on. I do believe I'll be pulling for LSU--at least they have a Michigan Man at the helm who can knock off the Buckeyes.

Thanks for taking a look today. Drop me a line, and keep on truckin'.

1 comment:

Nancy R. said...

So where's your Big Ten loyalty? Tsk tsk. And watch the grammar police stuff or I'm going to pepper my comments with dangling participles and misplaced modifiers just to torment you.