Monday, February 23, 2009

Beyond Belief

DATELINE: GEORGETOWN, KY, 8:20 p.m. EST

WOW! An entire day with no "surprises"! Am I dreaming? No, I'm fully awake. (Though not for much longer. Gotta get up at 4:00 come morning so I can shower up before hitting the road at 4:45.) It's quite a shock nowadays when absolutely nothing goes wrong over the course of an entire day that includes both a delivery and a pickup. So this'll be a short and boring report.

I started out at 6:45 with the quick (15-minute) drive from Beaverdam to Lima, OH. No lineup of trucks ahead of me at the delivery customer, so I got into a dock right away. And with only 7 pallets in the trailer, the unloading process was also right quick.

Back to Beaverdam to wait for my next assignment, and that came in fairly soon, too. The pickup was in Archbold, OH, up towards the northwest corner of the state, set for noon. I made the trek over there in a couple hours, arriving at 10:45. Again, I got assigned to a dock right away, despite being 75 minutes early. By noon my trailer was loaded and I was back on my way.

This load is bound for Vonore, TN, just a little ways south of Knoxville, to a company to which I've delivered 2 or 3 times before. I'd been to the pickup site once before, too, so the familiarity factor makes this whole trip that much easier. No problems en route, too, except for a little rush-hour slowdown in and around Cincinnati. But compared to other rush hours I've experienced in that town, this one was a breeze. Maybe I ought to see about buying a lottery ticket today, or rush right over for some online Poker. Nah, I'm too tired for that now.

I've stopped for the night at a Pilot down here around Georgetown. My delivery in the morning is set for 9:00, so I gotta get rolling early to get there on time. That shouldn't be a problem as long as no unforeseen circumstances rear their ugly heads.

Thanks for looking me up today. Return the favor and supply something for me to read, too (via "Comments"), please. And, as always, keep on truckin'.

1 comment:

Nancy R. said...

Well, it's about time you had a day with no stupid miserable things happening. See if you can keep that string of good fortune going through Wednesday at least.